We are looking for a deep learning engineer to be part of the core technical team of engineers, data scientists, and behavioral scientists. You will be responsible for designing and implementing cutting-edge computer vision models that understand and interact with people around the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be part of the core technical team of engineers, data scientists, and behavioural scientists, and will be designing and implementing cutting-edge computer vision models that understand and interact with people around the world. The role will involve large responsibility and autonomy within the company, and require the ability to work both independently as well as part of a wider team of engineers, scientists, and commercial talent.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing, training, and testing state of the art computer vision and deep learning models to understand and predict the intent of vulnerable road users and workers
- Develop evaluation metrics, and validating models through hypothesis testing
- Working closely with other vision engineers, embedded engineers, data scientists, and behavioural scientists to understand how behavioural insights can be applied to the deep learning models, and how they can be applied to offline systems as well as real-time inference systems.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Hands-on experience in designing, training and implementing computer vision models - both classical approaches as well as deep learning approaches using TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Excellent programming skills in Python OR C++
- Expertise and hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas (please highlight which area(s) in your application): Edge devices & IoT, SfM / SLAM, Developing and Training Object Detection models, Tracking algorithms and Kalman filters
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines, and being open to and evaluating new/creative ideas and solutions
- Ideally a PhD in Computer Vision, Robotics, or Artificial Intelligence or appropriate industry experience (4+ years) showing a similar level of thinking.
Nice (but not essential) if you also have:
- Experience releasing code on the cloud, especially AWS
- Excellent programming skills in Python AND C++
The role will involve large responsibility and autonomy within the company, and require the ability to work both independently as well as part of a creative core team of designers, data scientists, and engineers.
Your work will impact how autonomous systems will interact with people - a field whose relevance is rapidly expanding, and from which you can expect a fast-moving adventure!